Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Decor with Bridgette Truong

Hi Everyone! Bridgette Truong here and I'm back with another Shadowbox layout! (you can see my October one HERE and December one HERE.


I decided to do things a bit different this time and use all the mini bingo cards from a pack, instead of just one in the center. There aren't any pictures of it hanging in the shadowbox with cute easter accents on the shelf below because we just moved a few months ago and I have yet to hang a few things up.
I have to admit that this shadow box was a bit difficult to do, as I am not the best at mixing. I took the 'baby girl' print from a mini paper pack and inked it with the chewing gum ink so you wouldn't focus on the fact that it said 'baby girl'. LOL I used a butterfly die and punch to make some butterflies. I topped the larger butterfly with a yellow butterfly sticker and folded the wings up to make it dimensional. Now, I know a frog seems a bit odd for an easter shadow box, but my oldest son adores frogs, and there isn't a store I have gone in to that hasn't had a stuffed frog with bunny ears in their easter stuff. So frogs are spring-y. For the frog, I used a light green cardstock inked with stick candy to make it stand out a bit more from the grass underneath.

I used a punch and cream cardstock from this pack for the basket and eggs, and inked the eggs with chewing gum, soap powder, and lemon drop. I added a few mini butterflies, and also used my butterfly punch to punch out one from a yellow banner sticker. I used a variety of banner stickers on baker's twine for the "Happy Easter" and the rhinestone bows to finish them off. I have to say, I think this is my favorite one yet. Thanks for having me!

Happy Easter everyone! and thanks for the inspiration Bridgette!

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Great project. I love the banners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is going to be so pretty in the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, i love the frog!!
    craft-tastrophe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter to my favorite bloggers!
    craft-tastrophe

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous happy easter to you too! hope it was a blessed one! :)

    ReplyDelete