Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Home & Wreath Christmas Cards by Briana

With Jenni's new class, "Home for the Holidays," she's got me thinking about houses and decorations! Both of these cards began with wreath shapes, flower shapes actually as I'll explain. I had previously cut several layered flower shapes (nested_flowers_and_frames_set_C00141_21585) with my Silhouette from the November Project Kit that I didn't end up using on a page. I thought those little shapes looked like wreaths so that's where the idea for these cards was born. And how perfect are her little bow embellishments for these? Um . . absolutely perfect! The front of the card measures 4 3/4" wide x 7" high. I used foam dots under the triangular roof directly above the wreath block.

Supplies used for house card:
Christmas 2011 Accessory Sheet
Christmas 2011 Mini Pattern Sheet
Be Our Guest Journaling Cards
Mini Chipboard Pieces - Star
Rhinestone Bow Embellishment - Red
Stamps: Cursive sentiment by Papertrey Ink, Chrismas by Michaels

 
For my next card I took more of those outlined flower shapes and layered them all together. I didn't try to get them perfectly layered. I wanted to be able to see in between some of the flower points to the layer below. In order to get the right scale for the bow on this card, I tied a little seam binding bow and layered Jenni's rhinestone bow on top. I cut banner shapes from her Inkwell Paper for ribbon tails. Finally I cut the Peace sentiment from the packaging from the large Christmas Card Bingo Set. The phrase "Joy to the World" from the Christmas Mini Pattern Sheet (used on the house card) works in that spot as well or type out any sentiment you like. The front of the card measures 4 1/2" wide x 6 1/8" high.

Supplies used for wreath card:
JBS Coredinations Black Magic Collection
Christmas 2011 Accessory Sheet
Red/Black Extension IV - Inkwell
Rhinestone Bow Embellishment - White

Wishing you a Merry Christmas,
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. briana, your cards are amazing. i adore the house one!!!

    ReplyDelete