Tuesday, July 31, 2012

JBS Mercantile August Guest Linda Barber!


We are excited to welcome the talented Linda Barber as our JBS Mercantile Guest for the month of August.  Here is a little about Linda and a peek at her amazing work for us this month.  Check the design team gallery tonight at midnight CST for even more of her lovely work!

I live in the Westside of Los Angeles with my husband and three boys. As you've probably guessed, our household is loud, active, and somewhat stinky. But always filled with love, laughter, and good food. I love to travel, cook, and eat. I also love to knit, read, and sleep! If I had to categorize my favorites, travel would come in on top. My kids would probably say sleep is my favorite, though. You can see more of my work on my blog, Miles of Paper, or follow me on Instagram (where I spend way way too much time, although I haven't fallen prey to Pinterest. Yet.)

I love how the Insta & Me layout turned out. I changed my mind ten times before finishing it. It has everything I love on layouts: tiny photos, stamping and ink, hand stitching, arrows, white cardstock, journaling, happy colors.

I love to stamp, and I have a huge collection of ink pads. My favorite are the small ones. A few months ago, I got this container at Home Depot, and as it happens, it holds all of my small ink pads. For now, that is. Just looking at it makes me happy. I'm simple like that.

I scrapped my current favorite photo! I took it with my phone a month ago, and Instagrammed it. Two of my adorable kids are in it. But I also love the little bits of detail in it. The colors of the water and the float. The goggles they are wearing, the watermelon on ice, how content the kids look, my husband's leg floating. It takes me back to our little holiday and instantly makes me happy.
Pin It!

3 comments: