Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Happiest "Les Miserables" Page Ever?

The moment I saw Modern Mercantile and the other new releases from Jenni Bowlin (many of which are in this month's JBS Mercantile kits), I just knew that I would love working with them.
I began this layout by creating a stamped background with one of the six new book set stamps.
Using the ledger stamp (which can be found in the February mini-album kit from JBS Mercantile), I stamped a sheet of white cardstock, alternating between two approaches to adding color -- misting the back of the stamp and coating it with JBS dye ink. After filling the background with stamped images, I spritzed pink and yellow mist lightly over the cardstock, adding some droplets here and there. 
I then pulled together a bunch of journaling cards, including a few from the JBS Mini-Decks, as well as some rectangles that I trimmed from the new Modern Mercantile collection. I clustered the cards and papers above and around the photo.
I also added a border of watch faces just below the photo. I have a thing for clocks and time motifs on layouts, so these are making me very, very happy...
just as I knew I would be when I finally had a chance to work with these lovelies!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment