Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Love Affair with Wood Veneer

When wood veneer shapes first became available, I wanted them all. You can imagine how delighted I was to see JBS Mercantile kits featuring exclusive wood veneer shapes. This month's shape did not disappoint!


The wood veneer doilies are the perfect accent to any layout. I love how they have a small hole in the center which allowed me to tie a bit of twine. The stamped design is both warm and elegant. In this layout, the wood doily softens the heavier feel of the grey floral print. I used it as an anchor to "hold" my photos in place.


If you don't want to use the full doily, it is possible to cut the shape in half. When doing so, it's best to cut with the wood grain. Cutting against the grain may result in the shape breaking apart. Should your shape break apart, simple piece it carefully back together and adhere it to your layout. Liquid glue seems to work best.

 I confess that I was tempted to hoard these wood veneer doilies along with my other wood veneer shapes. They are so unique which is precisely why I am glad I used them. They look so much better on the layouts than hidden away in my supplies.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment